30 Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself in your 30s
posted on August 29, 2018 | by Chelsea Becker
One of the things I’ve enjoyed most about my thirties is the shift in prioritizing myself. I might not have as much time and more responsibilities, but I’ve learned to spend my free time in a more impactful way. This means looking after my health and wellness, releasing toxic friendships, and learning to actually love myself. Bottom line, caring for myself is a priority!
Whether you feel like you take good care of yourself in this decade or aren’t there yet, I hope this list serves as some sort of inspiration.
- Say ‘no’ to something every single day aka do less!
- Turn your phone on Airplane Mode an hour before bed.
- Remove unrealistic expectations of other people and yourself.
- Apply SPF every. single. day. (Don’t forget that neck and your hands!)
- Prioritize sleep – even if that means skipping that episode of Real Housewives.
- Try to get veggies at every meal (here’s how!).
- Drink a big ass glass of water when you wake up, and one before bed.
- Give yourself grace every single day. This means forgiving yourself for not hitting everything on your to-do list or not making that workout class.
- Floss! I started setting my floss underneath my toothpaste to finally form a habit.
- Care less about what other people think.
- Have ‘you time’ every day – find a way, even if it’s 10 minutes.
- Unfollow people who make you feel bad about yourself. On social media and in real life. (Here’s a little inspo on who I like to follow.)
- Stop after that second drink. Your hangover will thank you.
- Quit gossiping and jump off the negativity energy train.
- Limit processed foods. See if you can go more days than not without it.
- Incorporate weight training to maintain muscle mass that we naturally lose as we age.
- Drink hot lemon water before your coffee for better digestion and as a natural energy boost.
- Learn 5-10 simple, healthy meals, and rotate them for ease.
- Tell yourself three things you like about yourself before getting out of bed and work on replacing negative thoughts with positive ones (this will help!)
- Eat breakfast – and one that keeps you energized and full. For me, that’s a mix of protein, healthy fats, and healthy carbs.
- Stop apologizing for things you’re not actually sorry for.
- Plan something you’re looking forward to every week.
- Do your best to have a weekend day with no plans – chores included!
- See your doctor and dentist at least once a year.
- Stop comparing your life to others’.
- Let your phone die.
- Volunteer, and make it a regular thing.
- Move your body a few times a week, if not more.
- HAVE FUN!
Please do me a favor and let me know how you take care of yourself in this thirties!